Planning Hospitals and Clinics of the Future
Can you Imagine The Hospital Of The Future?
Over the last 60 years, there have been recurring trends in thinking about the planning and design of hospital facilities, which seem to go through cycles. Specialty hospitals, new standards for patient rooms, ideas for efficient nursing unit planning, and design for healing environments; all have been the subject of architectural thinking in the past and then interest has subsided – but all will certainly be back again. We spend every day talking with hospital managers about future planning issues, which are often linked to achieving the quadruple aim, marketing responsiveness, new technologies, and changing expectations about healthcare delivery. Jbara takes a fresh approach to hospital planning. Hospitals are unique among building planning and design projects for their high level of complexity, in terms of their complex circulation patterns and constant use as much as for their technical systems. By definition, a hospital is a place where healthcare services are delivered to patients who may stay in overnight accommodations or may visit briefly for specific care.
We design transformational places, plans and strategies that improve life.
5 Key Hospital Design Goals
- Patient-centered care and family as part of the care process, since the patient is the hospital’s reason for being
- Efficient operations, clinical safety, optimal functional relationships, value for money, modern systems, low upkeep requirement
- Flexibility for expansion and new technology in unexpected ways over long useful life
- Sustainable design, reduced energy usage, intense 24 hr use and high occupancy
- Healing environment to include art and hospitality, not just science and technology